Collection and Use of Information
What Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is data that can be used to identify and contact a single individual. TBS collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our Services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you start a TBS membership. When you do, certain personal information such as your name, email address, and credit card information is collected. Certain personal information is combined with other information to provide and improve our products, Services, content, and advertising. In connection with the Services we collect various forms of personal information, such as the following:
• When you enroll as a member or access some of our services, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, personal photograph and credit card information.
• Information collected from any device connected to our Wi-Fi network, including your location (as discussed herein), cookies, web and physical beacons, and other internet technologies.
• Information obtained through third-party sources.
• Information regarding the content and information or documentation you submit or provide.
• Information you provide directly to us.
How We Use Personal Information
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on TBS’s latest Services, announcements, updates to any Services, safety and emergency notification and instructions, as well as any upcoming events.
• We also use personal information to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Services, content and advertising.
• To analyze how users use our Services and individual features.
• To manage the performance of our Services.
• For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve the
• Services and our communication with members.
• For participation in our surveys, sweepstakes or events.
• For security and to enforce or defend legal rights, healthcare rights (HIPA), privacy, safety or property, including for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
We also collect data in a form that does not permit identification of a specific individual. In connection with the Services, we may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following is a non-exclusive example of the types of information we collect and how we use it.
What Non-Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is data that can be used to identify and contact a single individual. In connection with the Services we collect various forms of personal information. Depending on your use of the Services and the access permissions you’ve chosen for your device(s), certain other information about your device(s) and your use of the Services may also be collected from your computer, phone, tablet or other devices where you access our Services. Some of the different types of information we collect are listed below:
• We may collect information such as a unique device identifier, IP address, browser type, operating system, referrer URL, and location of where Services are used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our Services, advertising, and safety and security measures.
• We may collect information about customer activities within TBS operated Co-Working Spaces and public spaces, including how you interact with other members and employees of TBS operated Co-Working Spaces, to provide us a better understanding of how to improve our Services.
• We may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
• We may collect information on your browsing behavior and history when utilizing any of our Services.
• We may collect information on your handling of emails sent by or received from TBS.
• We may collect information on your general location within properties owned or operated by TBS, to the extent permitted by the settings of your device.
• If you use our internet connection, networks, telecommunications systems or information processing systems, your activity and any files or messages on those systems may also be monitored by TBS at any time, in accordance with applicable law, for purposes of an investigation or to ensure compliance with company policies. Please note that any access restrictions placed on your device(s) may have an effect on your experience using the Services, including, but not limited to, the denial of access to some Services or locations.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times TBS may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with TBS to (i) provide products and services (ii) help TBS market to customers, (iii) help TBS managers facilitate interactions between users and (iv) to advance safety and security measures and protocols. We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances to the following parties:
• Our Services are provided by affiliates of TBS, Inc. depending on where you are located and the services you use. TBS shares personal information with those affiliates for the purposes listed herein.
• Our Services involve the use of online and offline member communities, forums and networks that allow you to connect and share with others. In order to do this, certain personal information is provided to the other members as part of a user profile.
• TBS shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in the Services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
These companies are obligated to protect your information, including through the use of encryption, and may be located wherever TBS operates.
• TBS may share personal information with third-parties that provide features and functionality to the Services, including via plug-ins and application programming interface (API) integrations. Even if you do not interact with social networking services or other plug-ins, they may collect information about you, such as your IP address and the pages that you view.
• As necessary – to comply with applicable law or relevant legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and/or governmental authorities –TBS may disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information and Retention
Access to Personal Information
Cookies and Other Technologies
On many of your devises, you may disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Please note that certain features of TBS and the Services will not be available once cookies are disabled.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Services. Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children and Children are not permitted to access the Services without their parent’s verifiable consent. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with personal information, please contact us immediately. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, outside the above circumstances we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Location Based Services
As mentioned elsewhere in this Policy, in order to provide location-based services, TBS and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your devices within our locations. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by TBS and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
Updated: January 1, 2017